Sometimes a family caregiver or eldercare expert just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers ® home health care agencies can help. Our specially trained private duty nurses provide the level care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
How We Can Help
Our skilled licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks alongside your eldercare specialist such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly services for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support through our eldercare services. Contact our home health care agencies today at (586) 200-6712.