Caregiver - Macomb County
- Performs duties as assigned on the personal care Service Plan.
- Assists the client with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting (including adult briefs), grooming, oral hygiene, ambulation, bathing, and feeding.
- Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client's garments and linens and changing the bed.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Assists the client with ambulation/transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client's mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks.
- Submit to drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must have a valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program.
- CNA,PCT, or Home Health Aide certification preferred but not required.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds is required.